Thursday, August 21, 2014

Prayer Requests



Sweet Boy,

Many people pray for your healing, which we are soooooo thankful for! There are many prayer requests that mom is asking for, so I'll just list them here;

Slow Respiration: 

Ezra works very hard to breath. The only way I can describe it is like hyperventilating -breathing short, shallow breaths fast. We need his respiration’s to slow down and for him to take long, deep breaths. (a healthy baby breathes 20-40 times a minute, Ezra breathes 60-100 times a minute)

Peep Lowered/ Nasal Canula: 

Ezra is on a CPAP setting of 6. Next step is a 5, then it’s nasal cannula. He’s on the brink of getting lowered to a 5. We need out pouring of prayers that he can last at a 5, and then prayers for him to make it to nasal cannula and thrive! We can bring Ezra home on nasal cannula, we can’t bring him home on cpap. Ezra will be able to eat by mouth once on Nasal Cannula, as long as his respiratory rate is less than 70.

Ezra’s Eyes:

Ezra has ROP disease of his eyes. It ranges in stages of 1-4. 4 Being the most severe- retina deattachment causing blindness. Ezra started out as a Stage 2 and 3. He began healing to where he was a stage 1 a week ago. And now he’s back to a stage 2/3. The eye doctor is a bit puzzled, because Ezra is healing so his eyes should be too. Please pray for complete healing of his eyes, none of this back and forth stuff. Our hearts can’t handle that.

Ezra’s Family:
We are struggling as a family. Our family unit has been shaken to the core. Please pray for our home. Peace and love would fill each of our hearts.

Upcoming Surgery:

Once Ezra reaches nasal cannula, and eats by mouth he will be on the fast track to home. Ezra will need to undergo surgery to repair a hernia which is rather large. Normally this is a routine surgery, but with Ezra, not so much. He will need to be placed back on a ventilator for the surgery. Due to his lungs being so poor, this could set him back greatly where after surgery he may not be able to come off the ventilator! I am trying to not worry about the surgery at this moment because we have LOTS of milestones to overcome beforehand. But please pray for wisdom and peace. It may be possible to bring him home and prolong the surgery, I just need to convince the doctors of that.

Home:

You see me talking a lot about “home”. That’s our hearts desire, to bring our baby home. While I talk about it daily, the doctors make me out to be foolish. He is no where near ready to come home. I continue to believe in miracles. I’m waiting for that moment where God just WOW’s the doctors. I believe God can make a statement through Ezra’s healing, that He is a God who is all powerful, all knowing, all present! Please pray for WOWing of the physicians to occur!

Faith: Please pray for my faith. Some days I’m strong, other days I’m weak and have lots of fears and doubts.

5 comments:

  1. Praying for Ezra, you, and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and your family! Stay strong. God is in control.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to go to Ezra's blogspot each day to remind me to pray for him . I, too, believe in miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pray from the bottom of my heart for all of your prayers and I pray for blessings to come to Ezra and his family. I pray strongly for your Faith because I can only imagine how testy your Faith may seem. Keep on keeping on.... Rainy days don't last forever. I believe even though it's a n extremely tough job a Mothers Faith, Love and Strength keeps everything together and you are doing wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pray for your little man daily . you might not see it but maybe he is wowing drs already . Little Ezra is a miracle .. Maybe God's plan is so much bigger then you can even imagine . you might never get the just of it but maybe there are drs ext that through your son will come to the kingdom . I also know the pain of wanting your little one home so bad . just as much as you want Ezra home make sure he is ready because once he is out of the nicu they will not take him back and the other floors even thought they are great are nothing like the nicu . (speaking from experience .) also I pray for you as a mother to a miracle baby I understand the emotional rollercoaster and trying to keep family life at home and feeling like I wasn't doing any of it . It does get better :) and little Ezra has the happiest eyes he is so handsome . I bet when they do care time you melt at seeing his little face :)

    ReplyDelete