Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Legion of Angels

Sweetness,

Mommy couldn't get up to see you until the evening, when dad got home from work. It's hard for me to function mentally, when I have to wait so long to come be with you. When I called to check on you the nurse said you were fussy. That always breaks my heart. Laying in bed hours upon hours while only getting held for a small portion tugs at my heart deeply. I cried out to the Lord this afternoon. I hit a breaking point, I told God if He wants me to stand firm on His love and truth, then make this trial easier to bare. When I got to the hospital you were laying in bed just looking around calm as can be. I'm so thankful, God heard my cry this afternoon and sent a legion of angels to comfort you.

Your blood gas was great tonight. I pray we are trending towards another cpap change!

I was able to give you a bath tonight. The last time you had one was 2 weeks ago!! That's pretty gross, and I'd be crabby too if I had to wait two weeks for a bath. That won't happen again, I'll stay on top of your bathing status from now on. :-)

See you in the morning!

Xoxo,
Mom

P.s. you weigh 6lbs 13oz now!! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your continued updates. I come here often to read and see how your sweet baby is doing. Ezra, I'm so glad to see those cheeks getting chubbier :) And I must say you are a strong woman! My youngest was in the NICU for just under a week, and I remember thinking how do moms like you do it. Love and patience seem to be the constant answer there.

    ReplyDelete