Saturday, August 2, 2014

14 Weeks!

Woohoo! You are making strides towards nasal cannula. We are almost there! Your settings on cpap were lowered to 6 today and you handled it great! I'll be honest I was a bit nervous because the doctor said she didn't want to lower you. "I hesitate moving too fast with Ezra, he likes slow", she said. I told her you were ready! She trusted mommy and put your settings lower. We prayed you'd handle it well, and God heard! We are so thankful! One step closer to home.

You are 14 weeks old and 39 weeks gestation. Next week you'll be considered term! You now weigh 5lbs 12oz!

Your feedings were changed to half preemie formula and half breastmilk. While I don't like the formula part one bit, I've learned to accept it and move on. Your bottom is healing and your growing that's what's important. Formula along with premature birth are both unnatural things. This is why I struggle against the doctors arguments that you need extra calcium, phosphorus, and calories. Your team of doctors are very intelligent and we credit them for saving your life, along with the intervention of God, so we trust them with your nutritional needs.

You teach me daily how to be stronger! God softened my heart today and made me realize everyone's hard times are just that hard times. To us this is the hardest thing our family has gone through. To others there hard times might look different. Trials don't get a score card. Things could always be a lot worse. One day you'll go through more trials and someone might compare their trial to yours. Just remember, that experience might not compare in your mind but it was a tough time and they need God's strength just like you require to get through it. 

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for you: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather boast in my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Xoxo,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment