Sunday, April 6, 2014

It's a Boy!

1   
I've been waiting for the perfect time to update you guys. I was hoping it would be at the two week mark of when my water had broke, but that day came, and I still was feeling down with everything else that was going on. I was then hoping it would be after we got the ultrasound results, but then more bleeding and leaking occurred, so I just couldn't bring myself to write an update. So here I am still pregnant! 17 days have passed since my water broke, and I am SO THANKFUL God has allowed my baby to defy the odds thus far!! Here were the odds presented to me over two weeks ago;
  • 75% chance of going into labor within 48 hours
  • 95% chance of going into labor within 2 weeks
We are now part of the elite 5 club! My next milestone is making it to 24 weeks. We are 9 days away and I am praying with everything I've got left that we reach it. Once we hit 24 weeks the medical teams optimism on survival changes a wee bit. I will be given steroids to help develop the baby’s lungs, and probably a course of antibiotics to steer away infection. Also, the plan would be hospital admission until the completion of the pregnancy. (We are praying that things would calm down, and that I could remain at home for as long as possible) The baby is a BOY! He is growing at a steady rate! At 22 weeks he was over 1lb, which is usually what a 23-24 week baby weighs. His heart looks great, his organs are functioning, and best news of all the cyst on his brain is no longer there! He kicks like crazy in the morning to wake me up, and he shifts into these weird positions onto one side at certain times of the day, looks like I have a lopsided belly. My cervix is thick, closed, and no where near ready for labor! My last amniotic fluid check was a 6. Which is considered low, but we are thankful that there was fluid left!!! Now for the not so positive news, I’ve been leaking amniotic fluid for the past few days. Along with the fluid is A LOT of bleeding. I have an ongoing bleed/hematoma inside my uterus that has decided to bleed its way out again. It’s not fun seeing blood and amniotic fluid on the outside! In fact it’s truly debilitating! I've remained in bed for the past 72 hours (only getting up to go to the bathroom). I’m praying that rest will help heal the problem. We decided to fly in my mother-in-law in from Colorado to help take care of the children during this rough time. I am so thankful she was able to do this for us, what a load of relief! I have a scan this week to check fluid levels and baby again. Please pray with us, that there is  fluid left and baby would continue fighting, growing, and defying the odds. My very kind and compassionate doctor was very honest with me last week when he said, he’s seen waters break this early on before, but never a good outcome resulted. As I sat back and cried and then yelled at God, he reminded me of all the miracles He’s done. Then He asked me “Do I BELIEVE He actually did these things?”
  • Do I believe He created man out of dirt?
  • Do I believe He sent fire down to destroy a whole city?
  • Do I believe He  parted a sea?
  • Do I believe He fed His children from the sky and provided water from a rock?
  • Do I believe He saved a prophets life by having a large fish swallow him?
  • Do I believe He delivered food via a bird to his prophet?
  • Do I believe He sent down fire from heaven to prove He is the one and only God?
  • Do I believe He delivered his servant from being eaten by lions?
  • Do I believe He saved three men from burning flames?
  • Do I believe the Son of God actually took on flesh and became a man?
Are these JUST stories? Or do I have the faith to believe this IS TRUTH?  Is God here? And is He still in the business of performing miracles and defying odds given by man?!
DO I BELIEVE?
DO YOU BELIEVE?
Immediately after talking with God, I was texted and reminded of this verse from a friend, 
Lord, I believe; help my unbelief. Mark 9:24
Specific prayer requests: We reach the 24 week mark and beyond! Baby would continue growing at a steady rate! My fluid level to remain at a measurable amount! (So important for lung development) No more bleeding or leaking! No labor pains or contractions! No Infection! Guidance for the tough medical decisions we are soon to face! Faith to BELIEVE! Help for my unbelief!
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. John 10:10 God is the author of life and He is in full control. Victory will be that much sweeter because of the impossible!

No comments:

Post a Comment