Saturday, April 26, 2014

Ezra Daniel 1lb 11oz


The doctor came into my room yesterday to do a quick bedside ultrasound to check baby and to see where the increased bleeding was coming from. As soon as we saw baby, we saw his heart was beating ever so slowly, at 70 beats per minute. After a few LONG minutes, his heartrate began increasing. The decision was made for me to head to labor and delivery to be monitored closely. After being in labor and delivery for a few hours, it happened again. Baby's heart dropped and continued to stay down. Again it increased, ever so slowly. And then it happened again a few minutes later.... I instantly knew this was it. Something was not right! Doctor came in, and explained that based on his decels it looks like placenta is no longer functioning properly. She asked what I'd like to do. God gave me the wisdom to make a haste decision before she could even finish her sentence. I asked to be delivered. I wanted a peaceful delivery while the baby had a good heartbeat. I didn't want a chaotic emergency delivery-that was about to be headed my way. I wanted the baby to have a fighting chance, with good blood gases and oxygen while his heartbeat was considered normal. I wanted my husband to be there and to see him. And lastly, I wanted to be awake to meet my son. Off we went for delivery...
After walking, calmly, into the operating room, I felt a sense of peace. I felt God! He was there. Baby Ezra Daniel came into the world at 3:06pm. He cried! My 25 week baby cried! He got apgars of a 7 and then an 8! He was breathing on his own (with the help of My King and)with the help of the cpap machine. Daddy got to hold him. I got to touch and kiss him. It was calm and peaceful! I couldn't have asked for anything better, given the situation.
So here I type 9 hours after birth (1am), I can't sleep. All think about is my sweet baby. I desperately want him to have life! I'm pleading at the throne of God for his Help (which means Ezra)! Friends, my heart is heavy when I see my 1lb 11oz son cry. Is he in pain? Is he breathing okay? Is he getting enough oxygen? I carry a load that weighs my heart down. Breathing at times seems unbearable. I can't even get the words out to pray.. all I can simply mutter is Help!
Ezra needs prayer! Only God can supply Ezra with good lungs, growth and healing! 
The first 24 hours are the most critical. Plead with us, that he remain only on cpap. No intubation be needed. His lungs would be efficient. His brain and stomach be  protected.
 Please pray for quick healing, so I can be at his bedside. Also for pumping of breastmilk. I want to be able to nourish my son, but I am struggling with this pumping! It's all so new, and unnatural. I need strength and the power of heaven to continue working miracles!
Please Jesus, give my son life!!! Life more abundantly!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment