Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Ezra Is So Strong!



I was discharged from the hospital yesterday. As I was waiting for my husband to pull up the car, I witnessed moms with their new babies heading home. Probably the hardest moment of this journey thus far, leaving with no baby. While I am happy to be home, resting in my own bed, I feel like part of my heart is missing. I believe we will bring Ezra home one day, and I know that day will be the happiest moment of our lives! 
Ezra is so strong. By God's amazing grace, he is still on cpap. In fact, I was told last night they had to turn down his oxygen level, he's doing so well! He should be receiving a PIC Line today, and then they should be removing his umbilical artery line. I was told I'd soon be able to hold him. I can hardly wait for that moment!
He was started on 1.5ml of breastmilk every 3 hours. He hasn't been tolerating this very well, which is typical for his gestation. 
We continue to plead to God for Ezra to remain on a steady track towards health! We pray for no medical set backs (ventilation, infection, brain bleeds, tummy troubles). 
This cesarean recovery has been rough. I just want to be able to go up to the hospital and be with my son. Please pray with us, for miraculous and fast healing for momma too.
Thank-you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment