Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Hospital Bed Rest Begins

Yesterday I was admitted to the hospital for the remaining duration of my pregnancy. To tell my children that mom won’t be home for many weeks was absolutely heartbreaking. To see their little faces exhibit fear and sadness was the lowest moment of my life. I feel beyond helpless; no child should ever have to go without their momma. EVER! I second guess my decision of being admitted every minute I am away from their precious faces. My OB doctor was concerned about the bleeding I have been experiencing, not only could that result in a bad outcome for the baby, but also for myself. So the decision was made I would be admitted and see how long I can hold onto this little one.
 In a perfect world, the end goal is 34 weeks. That’s 10 weeks from now (the end of June). They won’t allow me to go over 34 weeks with ruptured membranes. But we don’t live in a perfect world, and delivery could be hours, days or weeks away.
Things that would initiate an emergency delivery would be; infection, uncontrolled bleeding, fetal distress, or premature labor.  Besides the bleeding, everything else remains good.
As you can imagine, this has been the most devastating, stressful, and horrendous time of our lives. Trying to figure out childcare for 5 children, my husbands work leave options, etc has been very tough on us emotionally. Stress is not good at this point, so please pray with us that somehow God would work out all fine the details. 
I had an ultrasound today, and my amniotic fluid level keeps decreasing. Amniotic fluid is vital for lung development. Having such a low amniotic fluid level is cause for concern that the baby will be born with very stiff and underdeveloped lungs. This is called Pulmonary Hyoplasia. Even if I miraculously carry to 34 weeks there is no sure way of knowing if the baby will experience this problem until delivery day. Also, I still have a hematoma (blood clot) between the chorion and amnion layers that we need prayers for healing and reabsorption of.
Friends, I just ask for your prayers for my family, my baby and my faith. We have no clue what tomorrow holds. The thought of impending delivery of a 24 week baby, is a tough pill to swallow. I am grateful for everyday I can carry this little one safely, but in all honesty we need a miracle to take place! We are at the mercy of our heavenly father.  I am trusting that if He carried me along for 4 weeks, another 10 is possible.
Specific Prayer Requests:
No Infection
No Preterm Labor
Build up more fluid
Leaking would stop
Bleeding would stop
Hematoma would be healed
Baby would continue growing and remain happy in his current environment
Lungs would develop perfectly
Protection and Love for my children at home
Strength for my husband who has to carry a burden far too heavy
All the small details of childcare, work, travel to the hospital would be worked out according to His plan
My mind would stay sane and faithful! 
As I was leaving to my doctors appointment yesterday, 4 precious older women (whom I do not know) were waiting in my driveway. One shared a verse with me before loading into the car, 
And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us. John 5:14.
I believe that was divine appointment, and reminder of how God is still here and willing to answer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment