Thursday, April 24, 2014

In pity and love He lifts up for them a standard against the enemy....

I was able to spend the evening with my two older boys today. We played games, read a few books and just enjoyed the evening together! It was so nice and refreshing, just what I needed. My other children are at home sick (colds, fevers, coughs!). It feels horrible to be stuck up here, knowing my kiddos are at home sick. I just want to be able to snuggle them and give them some mommy love, but that can't happen right now. As my husband was leaving for the night, I could feel he too was burning up. He has held the world together these past 5 weeks and I know he is exhausted and now sick but would never tell a soul. Please pray for the sickness to pass fast and strength for my hubby. He is absolutely THE MOST AMAZING MAN EVER. I am blessed beyond imagination, and I could not continue this journey without him!
I had an ultrasound yesterday. Fluid level is still extremely low. And I have now been diagnosed with a chronic placenta abruption. The good news is baby looks great. In fact I had a doctor tonight tell me that my baby looks like a 35 weeker on the monitors! I have no idea what that means, but I'll take it. Thank-you Lord! 
Sleeping in the hospital is so hard and very frustrating. Just when I get to sleep, I am awaken by a temperature checks or residents doing their rounds at 5am. I JUST WANT SLEEP!!!! 
God is here and He is working! When the room fills with negative medical talk, He is the still voice that reminds me He is in charge! He has the final decision. He is the author of peace.  
A few nights ago my little guy (17 months old) pulled the emergency call light in my bathroom. You should've seen how many nurses flew into this room in a matter of seconds. My nurse was saying "she's a pPROM!!" Apparently they expect chaos to take place at any given moment. That has made me a bit uneasy to think is this how this pregnancy will end? Complete chaos? So my prayers have been more specific as far as peace goes. I really don't want a chaotic emergency event to take place. I'd rather the Lord facilitate a peaceful entrance/delivery for this little guy and myself. So if you could pray for that with me, I'd appreciate it! 
I just have to mention how God has provided even in the smallest of situations here. Late morning is usually when I decide to take a shower. By this time I am a bit anxious and just need a relaxing, warm, shower. The problem is, I just never know if the water will be warm or ice cold! Most the times I start the shower switch it over to hot and only cold water comes out. This is pretty upsetting when all I want to do is just relax in a warm shower. When this happens I turn the water off, head back to my bed and just pray. I tell God how much just a warm shower would mean to me. How it calms me, and how I believe He can make this water warm! He ALWAYS answers! In fact those are the days my showers turn HOT!! 
I love this quote, "Never will our Lord betray one who trusts in Him. As children draw near to him for protection from evil, in pity and love He lifts up for them a standard against the enemy. Touch them not, He says; for they are Mine. I have graven them upon the palms of My hands."  -EGW

No comments:

Post a Comment