Sunday, July 6, 2014

Your Poor Tumny

When I arrived to the hospital you were in a lot of pain. You were silently crying (you can't make any noise because of your ET tube) and squirming from being uncomfortable. The nurse said you had diarrhea all day long. The doctors switched over your fortifier the last few days to a cow-based one, and you weren't handling it well. They switched you due to cost and your age, is what I'm told. I had a good laugh inside when they told me about the cost being too high for the hospital, because I'm pretty sure cost could be the least of our worries with how high the bill already is.We praise the Lord for good insurance, who has covered everything, including the human milk fortifier!

I'm thankful the doctor on was willing to switch you back to the expensive one. Your tummy needs a break from the pain.

I was able to give you a bath! You loved every minute of it. And afterwards you sucked on your pacifier for a few minutes and went right back to sleep. 

Your vent settings were turned down and you handled it well, yah!

I hate leaving your side.  Daddy says when you come home I'm never going to let you go for the next 18 years! Just plan on that.... :-)

Xoxo,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment