Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Down a Peep!

You are down another peep setting (7) on your cpap machine! You handled the change very well. Your oxygen needs are at 45%. The goal is a peep of 5 and your oxygen needs less than 25% in order for you to trial nasal cannula. Once you get to the cannula you can eat by mouth, as long as you're not breathing fast. There's so many ifs and so many doubts, we just have to surrender everything and let God take control. You are 38weeks gestation and I'm still praying that by 40 weeks you'll be breathing and eating! Sounds crazy?! But I continue to believe in healing and miracles.

Daddy got all the snuggle time today! He loves you so much. You were such a cutie looking around wide eyed. I snapped a gazillion photos of you!

Your butt rash is getting worse. I'm praying for wisdom when it comes to your nutrition needs. I'm told breastmilk isn't  enough. You need extra calories, calcium and phosphorus for proper bone and brain development. That extra calories comes from a fortifier they add to my milk. This stuff is like acid it burns your little bottom leaving red circles that bleed. I can't even imagine the pain you're feeling. You are the strongest boy I know!

Rest up because you have an eye exam in the morning. Those tend to make you crabby for the remainder of the day.

Love you,

Xoxo,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment