Sunday, July 6, 2014

You Extubated Yourself

Sweet boy, you had a, VERY  eventful day. You were coughing while I was holding you and you coughed your breathing tube right out of place! You had about 10 people rush into your room and the doctor bagged you until they made the decision to give you a shot at invasive cpap.  In the process you pooped on your nurse!
You've been doing this thing called "breathing on your own" for 6 hours now!  You are stating better then when you were on full support!  We are so proud of you!

You are bit fussy, okay I lied, a lot fussy! You have a large mask on your face and a hat that keeps falling down over your eyes. Your voice is hoarse from the breathing tube, so you sound very harsh when you cry.

We finally got you settled down, and I'm afraid to leave not knowing if you will be alright tonight. So I'll stay right here until your fast asleep.

I love you to the moon and back, and I'm so happy God is answering our prayers in His own time.

P.s you weigh 4lbs 7oz! Woo hoo!

Xoxo,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Praise the Lord Ezra was able to be on cpap. Sweet baby! Know that you all are still in our prayers. I can only imagine the agony you are going through. Thank you for the updates. It is precious and emotional to see your loving thoughts to your son. Praying for a good day! - Rachelle

    ReplyDelete