Tuesday, September 2, 2014

You Nursed!!!

Sweetnees,

God knew just what mommy needed today. When your nurse, Hailey, arrived she asked if I wanted to try nursing you. I was shocked! Of course I did! I've been waiting 4 long months for this bonding opportunity! But, secretly I was nervous. The lactation consultants told me I would need to use a shield, because you were a micropreemie, and that it could take months for you to figure it out. Boy were they wrong! You did great! Like we've done this a million times! I'm over the moon and for the first day I feel you are truly mine. All these weeks I knew you were my child but my heart ached for more. I could only hold you so much, feed from a bottle but still something was missing. Tonight the puzzle piece fits in the missing spot and I'm healed! I'm so thankful I am blessed to be your mommy. God could've chosen anyone, but He chose me. Thank you Jesus!

Xoxo,
Mom

P.s. We are still waiting on a surgery date.

5 comments:

  1. Woohooooo!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more! Thank the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a nursing momma myself I know how precious that bond is and I am so thankful that you get to experience it with Ezra!!

    ReplyDelete