Monday, October 6, 2014

Oh how I love you

Oh how I love you!

These days are hard and long. But oh how worth it you are! I'm so blessed to be called your mom. To see life. To watch you breathe overwhelms me. All could've been lost but spared you were. So many nights I wondered where we were headed. If I could be strong enough to handle the outcome. How our faith was put to the grinding wheel and I'm not convinced I passed the test, but I do know God loves you more than I do, which is unthinkable! I knew from a very young age all I wanted to do in life was be a mom. I remember asking God at the age of 10 to not return until after I have a child. I just wanted to expirence motherhood. A family. New life. At the young age of 17 I was unprepared for the news that I was expecting your oldest brother Parker. I knew then as I do now each life is a gift. There was a high school teacher of mine who set up a time for me to talk to an abortion clinic counselor. He told me I'd never amount to anything having a baby so young. I'd never be able travel. I'd never be successful. I walked out of his room 10 years ago, knowing that God chose me to be his mom. Just like He chose me to be your mom. Though I might not be much in others eyes, I'm worth a lot in our heavenly father's eyes. You are what I dreamt for. What I prayed for. Though I might not get to travel, I get to live life through 3 blue eyed and 3 brown eyed wonders every.  Single. Day. Success is only what we make it. It's not riches and its not fame. Success is giving up all to follow according to His plan.  Sure, most days are long, tiring, but so rewarding. To see every inch you grow, to see every ounce gained. To witness your first smiles, to see you poop without assistance (ha) is my payment.  I'm blessed beyond measure.

Love you my precious gift!
Xoxo
Mom

5 comments:

  1. He looks so happy!! Ezra is truly a blessing! I been praying for Ezra and your family for the last 6 months or so! God has blessed your family so much and you have so much to be thankful for. I don't know you all personally, but I love what you stand for, which is our Lord and Savior. You are wonderful Children of God! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never have I seen a sweeter smile! You are truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The precious love and admiration in Ezra's eyes for his mommy is heartwarming! Praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at that happy boy! What an amazing story you all have. To God be the Glory! Thanks for sharing your journey and struggles.
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your story and testimony. Continue in the strength of The Lord. There is no greater blessing or reward than that of being a Mom. Life is a gift and so precious. Thanks for sharing. I will continue to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete